The projects within IRHRI to promote the social and economic inclusion of refugees and asylum seekers within the context of local-level reception; It does this through the provision of innovative tools that improve the linguistic, socio-professional and entrepreneurship competences of these individuals and by stimulating their active participation in their new local communities
The integration of people with a migrant background is a fundamental element of the past and future. Rapid, successful integration is essential in order to maximize the opportunities generated by the arrival of migrants, but many migrants in Europe face obstacles to this due to issues of (employment) discrimination and social exclusion.
The main issues addressed by this project are:
- The obstacles and discriminatory behaviors faced by migrants in accessing the education system, the job market and adequate housing
- The absence of targeted migrant support projects for their integration
- Migrants' often-limited knowledge of their host country language or their illiteracy
- Difficulties in securing formal recognition for migrants' existing qualifications and skills
- Lack of access to existing education systems
- Limited access to the labor market
Therefore this project seeks to
- improve the linguistic competences of refugees and asylum seekers in order to promote their processes of socio-economic integration;
- Increase the employability of migrants through the strengthening of socio-professional and entrepreneurship competences aimed at job placement, active job search and self-employment;
- Develop the social and intercultural competences of migrants by stimulating their active participation in local communities through mutual understanding initiatives.
Donate online safely
The payment is encrypted and transmitted securely with an SSL protocol.